Wednesday 28 October 2009

Entente = Understanding ?

I don't know what language it is in but I was left with the impression that 'entente' means 'understanding' and for its similarity to some English words it leads me to sinister relationships. I like the idea of positive input to a brand by use of foreign elements like language in its name. Anthony and Ed presented to us their design-studio work achievements, this morning and it was very educative to listen about their processes and how they set up and got lucky and running. There were a few things about the 'lecture' that weren't to my satisfactory but this isn't the place to mention them. I write this post because I realize after a little thought that too many things in their story were subject to 'luck' as opposed to genuine research and in effect, understanding. The artistic happy accident gone out of context sort of thing or me in the wrong mind-frame again. I don't mean to criticize them hereby, I merely want to ask a question in a broader context for mutual benefit and if anyone wants to share thoughts about it, please feel completely welcome to do so, even if it is just of the old "you make your own luck" sort.
What if... there is no such thing as LUCK?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification test, I hate it too but it's kind of necessary. Please resume your trail of thought and write me a comment.