Wednesday 28 October 2009

Black Background ?

This is an apology again, this time for using white text on black background. It has been brought to my attention that people might be getting headaches reading this and a lighter or white background would be more appropriate. Some may also think it a 'political' statement, which is quite out of place in the present context.

I use black background because I get less headache reading this way. Screens emit a lot of light directly to my eyes and I go blind from the effort to make out the tiny shapes of letter types against bright backgrounds, unless the screen is real top quality make, which usually means too expensive to afford. This editor is already void of the option to compose in darker background and I kind of miss the times when everything was happening in MS Dos black environment with crude green letters. When I will be able to afford a better monitor, I will be getting one and then I will be considering different layout colors.

If there is a statement to be understood out of this, let it be a manufacturing-critique one for hardware and software engineering. On-screen work is not writing poems with pen on paper in the cozy candlelight, it is like training for the Olympics in kickboxing. So far some CAD and photo/video editing software people seem to be aware of this and show respect to their products users. The rest believe in lighting up our faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification test, I hate it too but it's kind of necessary. Please resume your trail of thought and write me a comment.