Wednesday 14 October 2009

Design Process Project, 09/10/09 revised

First of all, I have to apologize for my tone of voice in the previous post.

Secondly, I have to share with everyone an absolutely positive experience in terms of personal development that I had today.

Third and last I have to re-phrase some things that are in my original "Design Process Project, 09/10/09" post.

I was not aware that people might be taking my use of English as insulting, when I was writing it. It is absolutely essential to me that if anyone feels that way, please accept my sincere apologies and write me a comment straight away, including, if possible, suggestions for re-phrasing or requests for explaining, so I can improve my communication skills. English is my second language, which means I tend to think in terms of my first one even when I am using English vocabulary. I don't mean to criticize in bad ways and I definitely don't mean to offend the same people from and with whom I am here to learn and achieve the Master's degree.

Today I was called in to the office with Stuart and Peter and all the things that were not clear to me got perfectly clarified. If anyone has vague points about anything, remember that it's good to talk, and preferably with the appropriate authority, before posting something in a public blog, otherwise we all get involved in situations that may hold us back. I don't want to be held back and I don't want to be holding anyone else back. I want to learn as much as possible about everything that is available to me and I want others to be positively influenced and avoid the same mistakes. I am leaving the original post un-edited in hope of allowing everyone else to know what can result in negative effects for the course of their studies.

So to re-vise a couple of things briefly, I have to say that last Friday was a good exercise on dealing with basic problems of comprehending and responding swiftly to a design brief. I wish there was more evidence in the work exposition at the end of the day, of elements of research that led to the work in view, so I could be influenced for my own benefit by comparing other people's findings. Some of the designs were brilliant for the shortage of time given and I have comparatively failed in boldly making marks that could result in end-product propositions. The session was about induction to the means of responding to the brief and not actually producing an end-result as I had wrongly understood. This is to come in it's own time on the third scheduled Friday, after we have taken it home and given it a more thorough, self-directed study and have had a mid-point evaluation of the process on the second scheduled Friday.

There is a distinctive difference between studying in the University and working in a commercial environment and I have been caught up in a mental mesh of mixing the two. I am working on getting over it. I'm coming back to this when I have made some more progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification test, I hate it too but it's kind of necessary. Please resume your trail of thought and write me a comment.